Safe Travel - Please Register

We encourage New Zealanders travelling overseas to register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.safetravel.govt.nz and also to ensure that they have comprehensive medical and travel insurance  policies in place that include provision for medical evacuation by air.
Staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas but there are some limitations.

Who can they help?

Consular services are available to New Zealand citizens outside New Zealand (whether or not they normally live in New Zealand). New Zealand citizens who also hold citizenship of another country ("dual nationals") may not be entitled to assistance, for example if they have entered a country on their non-New Zealand passport, or if they are in the country of their other nationality.

Staff at Embassies can:

* give advice, with the aim of helping you to help yourself

* help with a lost or stolen passport  

* help you contact relatives or friends to request emergency funds  

* provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and help you contact family and friends, if you are detained or arrested  

* help you contact family and friends if you are ill or injured  

* help with arrangements following a death overseas   help during crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters



@ 2010 TroppoDoc Charitable Trust | Website donated by ESPDesign.co.nz